Saturday, May 2, 2009

2 Weeks and Counting

I have now entered quasi-vacation mode. Teaching is fini, but babysitting and tutoring continues. However, I only have 2 weeks left in La Belle Paris. So it's a VERY good thing that I discovered this little blog now: Sweet Freak Meets the Eats from Paris

It's comforting to know that I've already been to some of the places she mentions and others are on my to do list, but now my list has grown. Still to do:
I did complete one more of my Chocolate Tour places today - Michel Cluizel - which was good and correlatedly expensive.

But I finally found out what these little things were:

I've seen them around and thought they looked a little too much like plastic to be good. Wrong! It's a 'macarolat' - appropriately named because it's a mini MACARon dipped and preserved in a pretty chocOLAT shell - infused with flavor according to its color.

Please don't think that all I am doing is eating. Sarah and I met up to go explore Bois de Boulogne on our bikes today. Bois de Boulogne is a huge park just west of Paris that's 2.5x bigger than Central Park. We only covered the top 1/4 if that.

What was also fun was going to their little amusement park in Jardin d'Accumulation, which is themed Americans In Paris for one more month. The only things we saw that gave it away were cut-outs of Indians and Cowboys.

That's all anyone thinks of us Americans. I wonder if John Wayne and Clint Eastwood knew the impact they would have on the world. We went on this swing ride because swing rides rank up there as the best rides ever. It didn't disappoint - but it did make me a bit nauseous. Definitely nauseous enough to not even be tempted by this ride, despite how absolutely cute it looked.

PS - My choc chip cookies were a total flop. Go figure.

No comments: