Monday, May 4, 2009

First Day Off

This was my first Monday without teaching, which was sort of great because normally Monday is my heaviest day - leaving at 7:00am and not getting home til 6:30pm. But today, I started my day off with a morning run in my fav park - Parc de Sceaux - that's currently bursting with springtime flowers.

And I met up with Beth to go see the Petit Nicolas exhibit at Hotel de Ville. Petit Nicolas is a character that Jean-Jacques Sempé illustrated and René Goscinny wrote back in the 1950's. It's celebrating it 50th anniversary and the fact that there's a movie coming out September 2009 (in France anyways).


There were 5 Petit Nicolas books - and now one big unedited version just recently published.

Some examples.

Nicolas buying flowers for his mom's birthday.


Nicolas inviting all of his friends over to play Cowboys and Indians.

Then we met up with Veronika at Jardin des Plantes. Also full of spring flowers.

And I ended the day with a movie. It doesn't get dark here til after 9:30pm so I started it while it was still light out. There's something deliciously indulgent about watching movies during the daytime :-)

Several people had recommended Les Visiteurs to me. It's about Godfrey the Hardy back in 1079 and his squire time-traveling to the modern day. Kind of Monty-Pythonesque, it starts out stupid, but it builds. I was laughing pretty hard.

No comments: